Global Surgery Student Alliance Meeting #3
Thursday, November 19, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- 09/10 at 6:30 PM | GSSA First General Meeting
- We would like those interested to RSVP at the following link to get the Zoom information: https://forms.gle/Kb9KvWQ5ReznN97m6.
- 11/4 at 5:30 PM | GSSA X AMWA - Health Disparities: Closing the Gap
- Watching the documentary “What Counts” + Round Table Discussion with faculty from the UH Community Health Department and leaders in Houston
- We aim to educate our members on socioeconomic health disparities and illuminate the actions we can take to help mitigate these issues.
- 11/19 at 4:00 PM | Journal Club with GSSA X Honors College Biology Department
- Presentation and discussion of article relating to gut microbiome and human health and disease
- Discussion with Dr. Rowland, the UH College of Medicine’s leader for GI/nutrition
- We believe that a strong background in science is essential to succeeding in the medical field, whether in the lab or as a clinician. Thus, we hope to introduce students early to reading, evaluating, and discussing peer-reviewed articles.