Black Leadership Network Student Scholarship Application Information
Promote and support academic excellence by empowering students to excel.
- Full-time student currently enrolled at a University of Houston System School
- Be in good standing academically at a University of Houston System School
- Submit a documented history of work and or community service (preferred)
- Submit 350-word essage describing your academic and career goals and how this scholarship will assist you in achieving those goals.
- Verified minimum GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants should submit a completed application packet including:
- Completed online application form
- Statement of academic and career goals (250–350 words, typed, double spaced)
- Documented history or work and or community service
- One letter of recommendation (Must be a professor or a mentor; should not be a family member)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION ONLINE FORM:
Eligible applicants must complete the online applcaiton form.
If you have any problems accessing or filling out any sections of the form please send an email to the BLN Student Scholarship Committee
A secured UH Teams email address only accessible by the BLN Scholarship Committee
SELECTION AND AWARDS PROCESS:
- The applications will be reviewed by the selection committee.
- Awardees will be notified by July 15, 2022
- Letter of acceptance from the student must be received in writing.