The Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design continues to be a haven for knowledge, innovation, and discovery. With the construction of the College's new Advanced Media Technology Lab currently underway thanks to the generous support of donors during Phase I, fundraising for Phase II is in full swing to make this dream a reality.
The Advanced Media Technology Lab will serve as a world-class research facility, drawing talented students and faculty to the University of Houston in pursuit of more sustainable and innovative architecture and design. As a home for cutting-edge advanced digital technologies, including construction robotics, full-scale 3D printing, and augmented/virtual realities, among many others, the lab will be a leading center for emerging technologies in Texas, and one of the top facilities in the world.
Experience and engagement in the lab will prepare students from across all the College’s disciplines – Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Industrial Design – to be leaders in trending technologies, increase industry partnerships advancing the Hines College, and enable faculty to pursue influential ground-breaking research.
DEFINING OUR GOALS
Under the leadership of new faculty member and director Andrew Kudless, the William D. Kendall Professor of Design Technologies, the Advanced Media Technology lab aims to:
- Create the most advanced center for emerging technologies impacting design, architecture, and construction in Texas, and also one of the top facilities in the world. The equipment, processes, and knowledge available at the lab will be a beacon of innovation for the University, the city of Houston, and the state of Texas.
- Foster robust programming with the College’s Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Industrial Design programs to unleash the creative potential of faculty and students producing world-class research.
- Develop relationships with industry, academic, and public partners at regional, national, and international levels to collaborate on research expanding the capacity and network of the Hines College.
- Build a well-funded and active post-professional program for students pursuing world-class research, and, as a result, establish the Hines College as a recruitment hub for the future professional and academic leaders.
- Better the world through an intense focus on the sustainability and equity embodied in the materials, technologies, and processes used to form the world. We strive to create a more equitable environment supporting equal access to advanced technologies, regardless of background. As part of a public institution, the Advanced Media Technology Lab will pursue research benefiting the public good, ensuring high-quality architecture and design are more accessible, safer, and in solidarity with the natural world.
- Attract, retain, and assist the most innovative faculty, students, and researchers by collectively producing research projects at the forefront of design technologies.
SUPPORT THE FUTURE OF DESIGN
The fundraising goal for Phase II is $4 million. Gifts of all levels are crucial to moving forward this game-changing capital initiative.
To support the Advanced Media Technology Lab, click here.
For more information on making a gift, contact Emily Brents at 713.743.7906 or email@example.com.
ABOUT THE GERALD D. HINES COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE AND DESIGN
Since 1945, design has remained the foundation of our studies at the University of Houston Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design. Located in the fourth largest city of the United States and one of the most diverse design programs in the country, our College offers students a platform of integrated disciplines through top-ranked programs in Architecture, Interior Architecture, and Industrial Design. We strive to produce designers who are skilled in their craft, capable of using advanced technology and methods of industrialized production, and understand the power of design to shape communities throughout the world.