2020 Career Fair
Friday, February 28, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design, Alumni Association and University Career Services are excited to host this opportunity for UH design students and alumni to meet with firms looking to hire interns or full-time positions.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume and portfolio (check out portfolio tips here)
- Prepare for the fair by researching firms and practicing your pitch
- Dress in professional attire
- Review the list of participating firms and do your research
- Some firms will have the option to pre-schedule interviews in Cougar Pathway; for these firms, see deadlines below to apply to the job posting
- Other firms will create their interview schedule based on students they meet with during the Meet & Greet
9am-12pm: Meet & Greet
Meet with firms to discuss opportunities and your interest in the firm, share highlights from your resume and portfolio, and schedule same-day interviews or follow-up with firms for next steps.
Student RSVP: Let us know you are coming by RSVPing to the Meet & Greet in Cougar Pathway under the Events tab.
1pm-4pm: Scheduled Interviews
Participate in 20-minute interviews; firms will request an interview time during the Meet & Greet, or through pre-scheduling in Cougar Pathway. If seeking to meet with a firm who has chosen to pre-schedule interviews, note the following deadlines:
- Submit your resume in Cougar Pathway for approval (by Feb 7)
- Apply for posted positions in Cougar Pathway with firms attending career fair; firms will contact candidates to request interview (by Feb 14)
- Select interview time with firms who requested an interview (by Feb 26)
If you are interested in participating, please register here by January 31.
What to Bring:
- A table covering
- Business cards
- Firm marketing materials, brochures, or any other publications related to your business for interested students to take
Provided by the College:
- Light snacks in the morning, afternoon, and a boxed lunch. (Please indicate any dietary restrictions accordingly)
- A table with chairs (based off of number of representatives indicated through the registration form)
- Parking Validation for Garage 5
- Access to a plug/electricity is NOT provided.
- UH College of Architecture and Design