Safety is a top priority on campus. Below are a few tips and reminders to help our campus community remain vigilant and safe.A. Slips, trips, and falls continue to be one of the most common causes of accidents reported at the UH.
- Wear shoes with good traction.
- Be cautious, especially on icy or wet surfaces and stairs, and use handrails.
- Allow plenty of time to reach your destination.
- Avoid using mobile devices while walking.
With colder weather, we are more inclined to stay indoors. Please remember washing your hands can help you avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. Wash your hands with soap and clean running water for at least 20 seconds.C. Research
While university offices are closed during the break, certain research laboratory activities do not pause.
- Maintain adequate supplies in the laboratory and practice the buddy system.
- For laboratories that decide to pause, follow proper guidance on pausing laboratory activities. Please follow this link for more information: Research Guide
Please visit the Office of Environmental Health & Safety website for additional information.