Final Exam Schedules
Spring 2023 Final Exam Schedule
The Spring 2023 final exam schedule was developed by the Office of the Registrar and approved by the University of Houston Academic Calendar Committee as well as the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost.
Schedule Coverage and Exceptions
Final exam dates and times in the schedule apply to the all University of Houston (including the University of Houston at Sugar Land and the University of Houston at Katy) undergraduate and graduate courses with assigned class meeting days/times except those offered by the UH Law Center and College of Medicine.
- Courses without an assigned class meeting day, time, and location do not have a designated final exam day and time scheduled.
- Law students should check with the Law Center Office of Student Services for information regarding final exam days, times, and locations.
- Medical students should check with the College of Medicine for information regarding final exam days, times, and locations.
Final Exam Period
Final exams will be administered according to the final exam schedule from Wednesday, May 3rd, to Thursday, May 11th. If given, final exams must occur on the days and times indicated on the final exam schedule. Per University policy, there will be no class meetings other than for final exam purposes after Tuesday, May 2nd.
- All final exams will begin at the start time indicated on the final exam schedule and end at least 15 minutes prior to the next scheduled final exam time. For example, exams beginning at 8:00am will end no later than 10:45am to allow students to be on time for exams beginning at 11:00am.
- A class that meets once a week for an extended period of time that overlaps two or more regular class periods will have its examination at the time scheduled for classes meeting during the earliest of the overlapped periods. For example, a class meeting Friday from 8-11am overlaps three regular class periods on a Monday/Wednesday meeting pattern: 8-9am, 9am-10am, 10am-11am. The class will follow the final exam assignment for the MWF 8-9am block with the final exam occurring Wednesday, May 10, 8-11am.
- Saturday classes will have 15 class meetings during session 1. There will be 14 class meetings of 165 minutes in length and the 15th meeting will be their 120-minute final exam.
- All final exams will be held in the rooms in which classes are regularly scheduled unless otherwise noted. It is recommended that students confirm final exam times/locations with their instructors.
- All final examinations will be held in the room in which classes are regularly scheduled unless otherwise noted. It is recommended that students confirm the final exam time/location with the instructor.
- Students in instructional television courses, both in the main campus studio section and in the off-campus sections will follow the main campus final exam schedule below.
- Face-to-Face class meetings at the Texas Medical Center, and UHS-Sugar Land campus will hold finals during the regularly scheduled day and time for each class during finals week.
- Law students should check with the Law Center Office of Student Services for information regarding final exam days and times.
- Classes scheduled through two or more periods will be considered as meeting at the earliest period for examination scheduling (e.g., a class that meets from 8 am-noon MTWThF would be considered as meeting from 8 am - 10 am MTWThF for examination scheduling).
In developing the final exam schedule, every effort is made to minimize exam conflicts. If students have two or more final exams scheduled during the same day and time, the following process has been established to eliminate the conflict:
- Students may report conflicts and request resolution through Student Self-Service beginning on Wednesday, April 19th.
- The deadline to report final exam conflicts is Monday, April 24th.
- The Office of the University Registrar will review requests and reschedule conflicting exams in collaboration with the college and course instructor.
- In resolving exam conflicts, courses with higher numbers will be given priority in retaining the originally scheduled exam day/time for students with conflicts. For example, if a student is enrolled in both ACCT 2301 and CHEM 1301 which are scheduled on the same day at the same time, the student will take the ACCT 2301 exam as indicated on the final exam schedule and the CHEM 1301 exam will be rescheduled.
- The Office of the University Registrar will communicate rescheduled exam days, times, and locations to students and course instructors.
Students with Disabilities
- Students with disabilities who need testing assistance should contact the Justin Dart, Jr. Student Accessibility Center, CSD Building, Room 100, 713-743-5400 or 713-749-1527 (TDD).
Spring 2023 Final Exams
|Exam Day, Date, and Time|
|Sat., May 6||Mon.,
|7–8 am||MWF||8-11 am|
|8–9 am||MWF||8-11 am|
|9–10 am||MWF||8-11 am|
|10–11 am||MWF||11 am-2 pm|
|11 am-Noon||MWF||11 am-2 pm|
|Noon–1 pm||MWF||11 am-2 pm|
|1–2 pm||MWF||2-5 pm|
|2–3 pm||MWF||2-5 pm|
|3–4 pm||MWF||2-5 pm|
|4–5 pm||MWF||5-8 pm|
|5–6 pm||MWF||5-8 pm|
|6– 7 pm||MWF||5-8 pm|
|7–8 pm||MWF||8-11 pm|
|8–9 pm||MWF||8-11 pm|
|9–10 pm||MWF||8-11 pm|
|1–2:30 pm||MW||2-5 pm|
|2:30–4 pm||MW||2-5 pm|
|4–5:30 pm||MW||5-8 pm|
|5:30–7 pm||MW||5-8 pm|
|7–8:30 pm||MW||8-11 pm|
|8:30–10 pm||MW||8-11 pm|
|7–8:30 am||TTh||8-11 am|
|8:30–10 am||TTh||8-11 am|
|10–11:30 am||TTh||11 am-2 pm|
|11:30 am–1 pm||TTh||11 am-2 pm|
|1–2:30 pm||TTh||2-5 pm|
|2:30–4 pm||TTh||2-5 pm|
|4–5:30 pm||TTh||5-8 pm|
|5:30–7 pm||TTh||5-8 pm|
|7–8:30 pm||TTh||8-11 pm|
|8:30–10 pm||TTh||8-11 pm|
|All Saturday Classes
as Class Meeting
Note: Law students should check with the College of Law Student Services Center for information regarding final exam days and times.
**Note: Typically, BIOL 1306 is only taught in the Fall, and BIOL 1307 is only taught in the Spring.