To advocate, educate, and provide support services for the advancement of gender equity on campus, with an emphasis on student safety, health, and success
Former WGRC director, Beverly McPhail, describes the services and programs the Women and Gender Resource Center offers. (Thanks to the College of Education interns for making the video).
- To provide a comfortable place where UH students, staff, and faculty can seek information on a variety of topics, obtain confidential referrals to appropriate campus and community resources, and discuss issues of concern;
- To educate the University of Houston community on topics that concern women with a special focus on violence against women due to gender, sexual identity, race, or disability;
- To identify and research issues that affect University of Houston women;
- To serve as a liaison between women on campus and the administration, often by working with the University Commission on Women; and
- To celebrate the achievements of University of Houston women by featuring a UH female faculty, staff or student each month on our web site in the "Spotlight" feature.