The Energy Advisory Board engages industry experts and leaders to advance energy education and research. Energy is one of the key initiatives of the University of Houston, together with the arts and health.
The Energy Advisory Board is a volunteer board appointed by President Renu Khator. Contributing to the University of Houston as “the energy university,” board members enhance research initiatives and energy education on campus and throughout the city.
Underscoring the commitment to make the University of Houston the “go-to partner” for energy-related research, innovation, and solutions, Khator has named global industry leaders to the Energy Advisory Board. “Our board is made up of acknowledged leaders in the fields of energy development, management and implementation,” Khator said. “I am delighted that they support UH’s efforts to address the diverse research and work-force needs of the energy industry."
The Energy Advisory Board lends strategic guidance, external coordination, and resource development for UH Energy, and strengthens the University of Houston’s reputation across the industry. Members participate in committees to develop and to execute actionable plans in the areas of energy education, innovative research, and technology incubation. The focus is on four core areas: 1) upstream, 2) midstream and downstream, 3) alternative energy, and 4) environmental sustainability.
The Energy Advisory Board members include:
- Mary Anne Brelinsky, president of EDF Trading and Energy Services
- Stephen I. Chazen, ('77) president and CEO of Occidental Petroleum
- John Gibson, president and CEO of Tervita Corporation
- Stephen M. Greenlee, president of ExxonMobil Exploration Company, and chair of the UH Energy Advisory Board
- John Hofmeister, chairman of Erin Energy Corporation
- Alex Juden, (’94), secretary and General Counsel, Schlumberger Limited
- Badar Khan, president and CEO of Direct Energy
- Elizabeth Killinger, ('91) president of Reliant and NRG Retail
- Michael Krancer, partner at Blank Rome LLP
- William Maloney, executive vice president, Statoil North America
- Derek Mathieson, vice president of Strategy & Corporate Development Western Hemisphere Operations at Baker Hughes
- Joseph A. Mills, ('92) chairman and CEO of Eagle Rock Energy Partners
- John Mingé, chairman and president of BP America Inc. and president and CEO of the Gulf Coast Restoration Organization
- Scott Nyquist, director and senior partner in the management consulting Firm McKinsey & Company
- H. David Ramm, managing partner of Dymar Development, chairman and CEO of BrightSource Energy Inc.
- Corbin J. Robertson Jr., chairman and CEO of Natural Resource Partners
- Paul Siegele, chief technology officer and president of Chevron Energy Technology Company
- Lee Tillman, president and CEO of Marathon Oil Corporation
- Jim P. Wise, ('66) managing director of Haddington Ventures LLC
Please address inquiries regarding the advisory board to Mae Nash, firstname.lastname@example.org.