How to Contact Your Advisor
(all students except honor students and student athletes)
Van Stevens (student last names beginning with M-Z)
Office Location: 108A T
|Mon||10:00 - 12:00||appointment only|
|Tue||appointment only||2:00 - 4:00|
|Wed||10:00 - 12:00||appointment only|
|Thu||appointment only||2:00 - 4:00|
Shandolyn Arline-Johnson (student last names beginning with A-L)
Office Location: 108B T
|Mon||appointment only||2:00 - 4:00|
|Tue||10:00 - 12:00||appointment only|
|Wed||appointment only||2:00 - 4:00|
|Thu||10:00 - 12:00||appointment only|
Honor Students and Student Athletes
Walk-in Hours: Appointment Only
Walk-in Hours: Appointment Only
Appointment or Walk-in?
Academic Advisors can meet with students by appointment or during walk-in hours. Please note that walk-in advising is reserved for brief questions and advising issues that can be resolved quickly. We encourage you to make an appointment if your advising concern deals with issues such as graduation checks, long term academic planning, academic probation advising, or any issues that require a lengthier discussion.
Using myUH to Schedule Appointments
We encourage you to schedule your advising appointment online through your myUH account. Just click on the advising link to see when your advisor is available for appointments.
Steps to Scheduling Advising Appointments via myUH:
- Log into AccessUH
- Select "myUH Self Service"
- Click on "Advising"
- Select "Appointment with Advisor"
- Select "Schedule Appointment with My Advisor"
- Select "Select Advisor"
- Review Calendar with Available Appointment Dates/Times
- Select Appointment
Preparation for Advising Appointments
If your advising appointment concerns degree planning or graduation checks, students are expected to bring the course sequence chart for their major with the courses already completed marked with an "X". Also, indicate when you plan to take the remainder of courses on the chart.
Contact Your Advisor
You can email your advisor with any general questions or concerns. Your advisor will respond to your email within three(3) business days.
There are two types of petition forms: The undergraduate transfer credit petition form and the general petition form. Both petition forms can be submitted via email to your advisor, or hard copy can be submitted to the Academic Department or advisor.
The undergraduate transfer petition form may be used to have transfer credit evaluated as a UH equivalent class or core requirement. Please follow these guidelines when submitting a petition for transfer credit:
- Fill out the undergraduate transfer petition form.
- Attach the following documents to the petition:
- Your transfer credit summary (available through your myUH account).
- Course description from the institution where you received credit for the transfer course.
- Course syllabus from the institution where your received credit for the transfer course.
- College of Technology majors may submit the petition and supporting documents to your assigned advisor via email, or can drop them off with the Academic department.
College of Technology Advising will send the petition to the appropriate department or college for evaluation. Undergraduate transfer petitions take approximately 4-6 weeks to review.
The general petition form is used for a variety of issues including but not limited to:
- Changes to academic records
- Course overload request
- Course substitution (only involving UH classes)
- Degree requirement exception
- Discontinuing a major or minor
Please be clear and succinct in writing your petition request in the explanation section of the general petition. Some requests require documents to support your request. College of Technology Advising can assist you with submitting the petition.
An advisor's recommendation to submit a petition does not imply that the petition will be approved. The petition is not approved until the college dean's representative or, for some issues, the representative of the university provost office has approved the petition.