- NLSA & AFP-UH create a student run branch from the NLA Program.
- NLSA & AFP-UH members organize and attend Leadership & Service Learning events, where there are opportunities for developing leadership and teamwork skills.
- It is encouraged to gain experience by service as an Officer or Committee Member.
- NLSA & AFP-UH Committees organize and plan activities and events to gain experience in program planning, to network and interact with community leaders and nonprofit professionals, and to meet other students interested in working in nonprofit organizations
- NLSA & AFP-UH is a “safety net” environment for testing ideas, skills and knowledge in a professional setting while still being a student. The Program Director and Manager provide advising and direction, while encouraging students to make decisions and give input on program content.
To learn more about how you can join visit us at an Informational Session or NLSA General Meeting, see calendar below or contact the NLA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-8137
The AFP-UH chapter received the Chapter Ten Star Award 2016, awarded to only three other collegiate chapters in the nation after their first year of operation (2015-16). The Chapter Ten Star Award honors chapters who perform specific activities designed to increase professionalism within fundraising and public awareness of philanthropy.
Interested in working with this bright group of future nonprofit professionals? Visit us at an information Session!