A novel system using carbon nanofiber papers as resistive heating elements for a self-heating concrete de-icing (walkway) system. The method applies corrosion resistant carbon nanofiber (CNF) paper technology to avoid changes to concrete mixing procedure and achieve the added advantage of automatic heating.
- Resistive heating across carbon nanofiber (CNF) paper
- Temperature and moisture feedback
- Fuzzy control system allows automatic operation
- Remote monitoring, control, and data collection
- De-icing of concrete bridges and roadways
- Ice and snow prevention on pedestrian walkways