A straightforward single-step process for the preparation or production of a novel family of carbohydrates has been developed. These new carbohydrates can find use as neutral detergents and surfactants. Carbohydrate moieties are linked to a carbohydrate chain via an amide bond. Carbohydrate moieties can be any monosaccharide and may include glucose, mannose, galactose, xylose, arabinose, ribose etc. The hydrophobic chain can be linear, branched, cyclic or aromatic.
- One-step synthesis and short production time, saving cost of production
- Increased production yield compared to existing processes
- Starting materials are readily available and inexpensive to acquire
- Safe, stable, and user friendly molecules
- More biodegradable than any of the glucoamides currently on the market
Detergents, pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics, food industry, textile manufacturing, pulp & paper processing, paint industry.