The IRB and IACUC modules within the Division of Research ICON online system will be unavailable from Friday, January 19 at 6 p.m. through Sunday, January 21, to accommodate a regulatory-based upgrade to the IRB module.
Investigators will be unable to access animal or human protocols or make changes or other submissions during this time period.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The system will be accessible no later than 12 a.m. Monday morning, possibly earlier.
The UH Division of Research has a new protocol submission system called ICON.
The first component released was the IRB module, which replaced the IRB part of RAMP.
- Electronic submission of initial protocols, modifications and reportable new information and continuing reviews
- Allows for submission of reliance agreements with external institutions
- Electronic workflow routing and review, including parallel ancillary reviews
- Automated reminders
- Stamping and watermarking for consent and recruitment documents
- Visual tracking of submission and review progress
- Integrated library of IRB SOPs, regulatory checklists, and templates
- Speeds collaborative application preparation by study teams and reduces delays in routing and review
- Accelerates processing of IRB meeting discussions and decisions into compliant records and correspondence
- Keeps all parties notified of important milestones and the need to attend to their part of the process
- Ensures the study team uses only the latest, approved consent form with the IRB's watermark
- Manages the audit trail for all document versions
- Provision of regulatory tools for investigators takes the “guesswork” out of compliance requirements