The UH Division of Research has a new protocol submission system called ICON.
The first component released was the IRB module, which replaced the IRB part of RAMP.
- Electronic submission of initial protocols, modifications and reportable new information and continuing reviews
- Allows for submission of reliance agreements with external institutions
- Electronic workflow routing and review, including parallel ancillary reviews
- Automated reminders
- Stamping and watermarking for consent and recruitment documents
- Visual tracking of submission and review progress
- Integrated library of IRB SOPs, regulatory checklists, and templates
- Speeds collaborative application preparation by study teams and reduces delays in routing and review
- Accelerates processing of IRB meeting discussions and decisions into compliant records and correspondence
- Keeps all parties notified of important milestones and the need to attend to their part of the process
- Ensures the study team uses only the latest, approved consent form with the IRB's watermark
- Manages the audit trail for all document versions
- Provision of regulatory tools for investigators takes the “guesswork” out of compliance requirements