In the Outdoor Adventure department, we offer a variety of educational skills classes at $5 each per person to the UH community. Classes focus on teaching the basic skills and techniques of various outdoor pursuits.
Stay tuned for upcoming Demos for the Fall semester!
Stay tuned for upcoming Certification classes in the Fall semester!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Adventure Demo program?
Each week Outdoor Adventure (OA) offers a variety of adventure demo classes. Clinics focus on teaching the basic skills and techniques of climbing, kayaking, and surfing.
- Who can enroll in a Adventure Demo?
All current members of the CRWC are eligible to sign-up for an adventure demo at the OA office – This includes students enrolled in classes and individual memberships.
- What if I am a member of the CRWC, can I bring a guest that is not affiliated with UH?
Yes, CRWC members may also “sponsor” a guest by purchasing a Daily Guest Pass at the CRWC Welcome Desk for $7.00 adult.
- Is there an age/size requirement participant to enroll in an adventure demo?
Yes, you must be 18 years old or a current UH student.
- What types of clinics do you offer?
At this time, we offer adventure demo classes in climbing, kayaking, surfing, and land specialty. Other pursuits may be added in the future!
- How much to Adventure Demos cost?
If you are a current member of the CRWC, or are admitted entrance on Daily Guest Pass, there is a $5 additional cost for the climbing, surfing, and kayaking instruction. The class requires an additional fee.
- Is any experience required?
For the educational classes, no experience is necessary!
- How do I enroll in an Adventure Demo?
To enroll, stop by the Outdoor Adventure office Room 1017. You will need to sign-up and complete a Release Form. Pay the $5 charge at the Welcome Desk - Member Services.
- Is there a limited on how many people can enroll?
In order to keep the instructor-to-student ratio low, we do limit the number of participants. The climbing adventure demo is limited to four participants and both the surf and kayak clinics are limited to eight individuals.
- How often are the Adventure Demos offered?
Throughout the school year, the climbing class is offered two days a week. Kayaking and surfing are alternated every-other week, creating a bi-monthly schedule.
- Can I attend multiple Adventure Demo of the same skill?
Yes, currently the clinics are not progressive, so if you feel you need more practice on a particular skill set, feel free to enroll in another class!
- What if I signed-up for a Adventure Demo, but I cannot attend?
Please contact the Outdoor Adventure office at (713) 743-9512 prior to 48 hours of the event. If you do not attend without notification, you will not be permitted to enroll in OA Advenure Demo for one month. No refunds will be granted due to the $10 processing fee.