• How do I sign up to play?
    For team sports - Registration for all Intramural Sports activities must be completed thru http://www.IMLeagues.com. Detailed registration instructions can be found by clicking here.
    For individuals events - you can register online or show up on site at least 15 min. before the event and sign up in person.
  • I want to play Intramural Sports, but I don't have a team. How do I sign up? Players who do not have a team are encouraged to sign up as free agents. Click here to see detailed registration instructions (including information on signing up as a free agent). If you live in a Resident Hall, talk to your RA or IM chair.
  • Who can play Intramural Sports at UH?
    Students: Any student who is enrolled (at least 1 hour) at the University of Houston – Central Campus.
    Rec/Alumni: An active Alumni organization member with a current, full CRWC membership and membership card.
    Faculty/Staff: Any person employed by the University of Houston – Central Campus at least 0.50 FTE and benefits eligible with a current CRWC membership card.
  • How much does it cost to play?
    Most Intramural Sports activities are free to play with an active Campus Recreation membership. Off-campus activities (golf, paintball, etc.) often cost extra. See the Intramural Sports main page for a list of activities offered and associated costs (if any).
  • Where are intramural sports played?
    Intramural sports are played at a variety of locations, including:
    University of Houston Campus Recreation and Wellness Center
    Cullen Intramural fields at the corner of Cullen and Elgin
    University Center Game Room
  • Where is the Intramural Sports office?
    The Intramural Sports office is located in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Room 1007 (in the rotunda area near the glass wall looking into the Natatorium.)
  • Can I play on more than one Intramural Sports team?
    For each major sport you participate in, you may only play on one single-gender (male, female, greek, open) team and one co-rec team. This includes teams representing Greek organizations – participation on a greek team counts as a player's one single-gender team. For each minor team sport and individual/dual sport, you may only play on one team. Resident Hall exception: an individual can play on their residential hall team as well as one open/independent team.
  • My team has a game scheduled for tomorrow night, but I know we can't make it.  What should I do?
    If you know in advance that your team will not have enough players to compete as scheduled, contact the Intramural Sports office at 713-743-8041 before 12:00 p.m. on the day of the game (Monday – Friday games) or by 12:00 p.m. on Friday (for any weekend games) to receive a DEFAULT.  By calling ahead and defaulting the game, your team will receive a loss and a sportsmanship grade of '2.5' for that game. If you do not call ahead and simply don't show up, your team will receive a forfeit loss and a sportsmanship grade of '0' for that game.
  • How do I know if my game has been canceled due to rain?
    In the event of inclement weather, decisions regarding playing conditions will not be made before 12:00 p.m. Team captains will be responsible for contacting the IM Sports Office at 713-743-8041 to learn the status of the games.  There is no guarantee that postponed contests will be rescheduled. Checking imleagues is also an accurate way of knowing of incliment weather cancellations.
  • My friend is on the University of Houston Football team.  Can he play on my Intramural Flag Football team?
    No. Candidates for varsity intercollegiate programs are not eligible for intramural participation in the "related sport" in which they are participating. (This includes all players on the roster and other people who are practicing with the team). To be eligible, participants must have not participated with the University of Houston "related sport" (in either practice or games) within the last 365 days. For non-related sports, there is a limit of 2 University of Houston varsity intercollegiate athletes per team (for example: no more than 2 current varsity track & field athletes may play on the same flag football team). Please contact the intramural sports office if you have any questions regarding participant eligibility.
  • My roommate plays on the men's Club Soccer team.  Can he still play on my Intramural Soccer team?
    Yes, members of sport club teams are eligible for intramural competition in the sport in which they compete for the club. It should be noted, however, that Intramural Sports teams are limited to 2 'related-sport' club players per roster in all sports. In addition, club players participating in their related sport must participate in the highest competition level available (ex: a male club soccer player is not eligible to play for a mens recreational soccer team if there is a competitive league offered). Please contact the Intramural Sports office if you have any questions regarding participant eligibility.
  • What is the Sportsmanship Rating System and how does it work?
    At UH, we strive to promote a pleasant atmosphere, not only for our students but for our guests as well. This pertains to Intramural Sports as much as any other part of campus.  To promote a friendly and safe atmosphere, Intramural Sports implements a sportsman ship rating system that pertains towards players and fans/spectators.  The sportsmanship rating will be determined by Intramural Staff and will include behavior before, during, and after each contest. Each team will receive a letter grade after each game. A team that has an average sportsmanship rating of less than 2.5 will be ineligible for the playoffs. Sportsmanship ratings will be based off of the following criteria:
    • 4 POINTSExcellent Conduct and Sportsmanship: Players cooperate with officials and other team members. The manager calmly converses with officials about interpretations and calls. The manager also has full control of his/her teammates.  There was no abusive language used toward anybody.
    • 3 POINTSGood Conduct and Sportsmanship: Minor dissent is present, but overall players respect officials and the game. Captain shows control of his/her players and fans. There was no abusive language towards the officials.
    • 2 POINTS – Average Conduct and Sportsmanship: Captain shows some control of his/her players and fans. Team shows abusive language towards officials and/or opposing team that may or may not merit a warning.  A rating of '2' will be given to a team when they Default a game.
    • 1 POINT – Below Average Conduct and Sportsmanship: Teams constantly arguing with officials and/or opposing team. Captain shows little or no control of his/her players and fans.  Several warnings and/or one ejection will be present.
    • 0 POINTS – Unacceptable Conduct and Sportsmanship: Team is completely uncooperative. Captain shows no control over his/her players and fans.  Any team that receives multiple ejections will receive a grade of '0'. If a '0' is issued, the team captain must meet with the Assistant Director of Intramural Sports before the start of the next scheduled game.  A rating of '0' will be given to a team when they forfeit a game.
  • Can my friend come watch my Intramural game even though he/she doesn't have a membership?
    Intramural/Sport Clubs Spectator Policy Keeping in mind that the facility was not designed for a large volume of spectators during team practices and competitions, and the need to provide a safe and secure environment for all members anyone wanting to bring in a guess for the purpose of only observing a sporting competition has one option: A CRWC member may purchase a $7.00 day pass for each guest. Guest must provide a valid photo ID and sign a waiver at the Welcome Desk- Member Services.
  • I think I can ref better than the people on the court!
    Great! come and prove it. We are always looking to hire quality officials. Click here to take you to our officials training page. Hope to see you come out and join our ranks.
  • I have a question, but it isn't listed here.  What should I do?
    If you have a question about something that isn't addressed here, feel free to contact the Intramural Sports office by phone at 713-743-8041 or email imsports@uh.edu