Campus Recreation supports the University of Houston mission by providing affordable Personal Training as an opportunity for learning, discovery, and engagement to the UH community. We strive to provide UH students personal and professional development through employment as Certified Personal Trainers. Our goal is to educate clients to exercise safely and effectively for life. Your Personal Trainer will work with you to develop an exercise program based on your unique history, attitudes, and obligations to help you reach your fitness and wellness goals.
All 4-20 session packages include a FREE Fitness Assessment
- All personal training sessions will be purchased at the Campus Recreation and Wellness – Welcome Desk Member Services.
- All sessions must be purchased in advance of the conduct of any individual training appointments.
- These rates are NON-Negotiable
Personal training sessions are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
Most of our Personal Trainers are University of Houston students and have a wide-variety of backgrounds and experience level. Campus Recreation encourages certification through the American Council on Exercise (ACE), National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), and the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) but recognizes and employs certified trainers with any NCCA accredited certification. All Campus Recreation Personal Trainers hold a valid Personal Training certification or have recently completed our Trainer development course and are in pursuit of their ACE Personal Training Certification.
Personal Training request
Please complete the online form below:
- Personal Training Clients must be current UH students and/or Campus Recreation members.
- All clients are required to complete a health and wellness history screening, liability release and indemnification agreement, and photo release waiver prior to working with a Trainer.
- We reserve the right to deny services to those participants who may not be able to exercise safely within the parameters of our program.
Personal Training Policies
- Availability is limited and clients may be placed on a wait-list until an appropriate trainer becomes available.
- All Personal Training should be purchased and paid for at the Member Services desk. Training packages must be purchased in advance of training sessions and fitness assessments.
- Clients may elect to transfer to a different trainer at any time for any reason by contacting the administrative staff.
- Training sessions are 55 minutes in length and must be conducted at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.
- All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Late and uncommunicated cancellations will result in the loss of a session.
- Individual training sessions will be conducted as one-on-one training sessions only.
- Personal Training may only be conducted by current, on-duty Campus Recreation staff.
- Clients must have a valid Cougar Card with them to enter the facility.
- Trainers and Clients are expected to comply with all Campus Recreation facility and open-recreation policies
- Personal Training sessions are non-refundable and non-transferable between clients.