Skip to main content

International Concerns & Coursework

Applications & Transcript Evaluation for Applicants with International Coursework


PharmCAS: The UH College of Pharmacy (UHCOP) participates in the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS), a centralized application service for multiple doctor of pharmacy degree programs. Applicants applying for the Fall 2018 admission cycle will apply through PharmCAS.

UHCOP Supplemental Application: The UH College of Pharmacy requires a Supplemental Application and a Supplemental Application fee ($100) to the UH College of Pharmacy.

International Coursework Evaluation:

The College of Pharmacy will only accept and begin the international transcript evaluation process after an applicant has submitted the PharmCAS and UHCOP Fall 2018 supplemental application. International transcript evaluations for future admission cycles will not be considered at this time. 

Instructions: In order to receive an evaluation of international transcript(s), the applicant must submit:

1. PharmCAS application

2. UHCOP Supplemental Application and $100 Supplemental application Fee

3. official, sealed international transcript(s) (mailed directly to UHCOP)

4. syllabi and catalog course descriptions (submitted through PharmCAS in the Program Materials Section under Documents)

5. a course by course evaluation (original copy) performed by one of the following companies:

  • World Education Services, Inc. (submitted through PharmCAS)
  • Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (mailed directly to UHCOP)
  • Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.-International Education Consultants (mailed directly to UHCOP)

The PharmCAS ID MUST be provided with each item sent for international coursework evaluation. All items mailed to UHCOP must be sent to the following address:

University of Houston College of Pharmacy Office of Admissions
Student Services Center

Health and Biomedical Sciences Building 2
4849 Calhoun Road, Room 3044
Houston, Texas 77204-5000

Applicants will be contacted by email in early-February of final official evaluation results. Applicants uncertain of whether or not international coursework would satisfy prerequisites are encouraged to complete domestic courses to meet prerequisites in a timely fashion.

NOTE: The official course evaluation is done upon submission of the Supplemental Application. No pharmacy course credit is granted from international transcripts.

When do I submit the required materials?

For Fall 2018 PharmD admission, all required materials should be provided after the PharmCAS and UHCOP Supplemental application and $100.00 Supplemental Application fee have been submitted. Deadline for Submissions of ALL documents: January 5, 2018.

Applicants who are not applying for Fall 2018: International transcript evaluation packets will not be retained by UHCOP.

What is the timeline for international course evaluation?

Many factors contribute to the timely completion of the course evaluation process; the process can take a few weeks to several months. Applicants are encouraged to submit required items immediately after their PharmCAS application has been verified and their UHCOP Supplemental Application has been submitted.

UHCOP strongly encourages applicants to enroll in approved prerequsite coursework until you have learned if the international coursework you have submitted has been approved.

Enrolling in approved prerequisite courses is the only way to guarantee that you will fulfill your prerequisites as required. 

All prerequisite math and science courses must be completed by Spring 2018. Any non-math and science prerequisite courses must be completed by Summer 2018.

For the UHCOP Pharm.D. prerequisites, see

Social Security Number

A valid Social Security Number is required to begin the Pharm.D. program.

Under the Texas State Board of Pharmacy Rules and Regulations, a student is required to register as an intern trainee upon entry into the professional pharmacy degree program. A Social Security number is mandatory and required to be issued an intern trainee card. For more information, contact the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, William P. Hobby Building, Tower 3, Suite 3-600, 333 Guadalupe St., Austin, TX 78701, 512-305-8000.

Individuals who do not currently possess a Social Security Number are advised to begin the process immediately through the U.S. Social Security Office.


Students are encouraged to meet with a College of Pharmacy adviser. 

For available dates and times, please visit  

The College of Pharmacy Pharm.D. Student Services office is located in the Health and Biomedical Sciences Building 2, Room 3044.

Please note: Advisers do not evaluate international transcripts.

Additional information is available on the FAQ page.

Non-pharmacy Degree Programs

The PharmCAS application and other information on this page relate only to prospective candidates for the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) professional degree program. For information on the college's other degree programs, please visit the Prospective Students section.

Additional information about the pharmacy profession is available on the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website.

Things to remember:

  • Admission to the College of Pharmacy only occurs in the fall semester.
  • Admission to the Pharm.D. program requires the completion of approximately 70 hours of Pre-pharmacy coursework, which takes most students 2-2 ½ (two to two and one-half) years to complete.
  • The Pharm.D. program is a full-time, four-year program. Possession of a pharmacy degree from outside of the U.S. does not decrease the number of years required to complete the Pharm.D. program requirements for graduation from UH College of Pharmacy.
  • All math and science courses must be completed by the spring semester prior to admission into the College of Pharmacy.
  • The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) should be taken in the summer or fall of the year prior to admission.
  • The University of Houston does not offer a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree.
  • All Letters of Reference must be from individuals residing in the U.S.
  • Volunteer/Community Service work is required to be completed in the U.S.