Skip to main content

Transferring FAQ's

What steps do I take to transfer from another college of pharmacy?

To begin exploring the possibility, you should begin at the UH College of Pharmacy Web site's Home Page. You may consider the following factors:

  • Understand that the college allows transfer only in extenuating circumstances
  • Students must complete at least 25 percent of the semester hours required for a degree in residence or if 25 percent includes a fraction of a semester hour, the requirement must be rounded up to the nearest whole number of semester hours.
  • Review the pre pharmacy coursework. You are required to complete all the pre pharmacy prerequisite requirements.
  • After reviewing and establishing you have completed all pre pharmacy courses, please review the college's requirements. We require the PCAT exam.
  • A student must be in good academic standing from their previous university in order to transfer.
  • Additionally, the College departments may require mastery of individual course examinations.

After you review the coursework and consider the competency examination requirements, please contact Paige Pitman ( if you are still interested in transferring. It is a thorough process, because each pharmacy course completed must be evaluated by our professor of record who teaches that course. You would need to provide a course syllabus for each of the courses and an official transcript. The evaluation process is lengthy; please allow adequate time.