Photo Gallery by QuickGallery.com
Alumni, Friends Hit Pharmacy Fairway
UHCOP Thanks Golf Classic Sponsors, Players for Another Successful Event to Support Pharm.D. Students
Alumni and friends of UH College of Pharmacy drove the "pharmacy fairway" to support UH Pharm.D. students at the 2016 UHCOP Golf Classic June 4 at Wildcat Golf Club.
This year's event drew 50 players to take on Wildcat's challenging Lakes course. The tournament – traditionall held on the first Monday in June – benefits UHCOP Pharm.D. students through direct scholarship and travel awards as well as areas of greatest need not supported by state funds. The tally for the 2016 tournament is expected to be announced in the next few weeks.
UHCOP and the Golf Tournament Committee extend their sincere appreciation for the 2016 Golf Classic sponsors:
- Gold – Jeffrey B. Harrison ('05) and Jennifer Harrison ('05);
- Silver – Brookshire Brothers, Katherine Clouser Hunt (’12), Chi Ngo-Chen (’02) and RSM US LLP, and Walgreens;
- Red & White – Doug Eikenburg, Melchor Garza (’92), Don Lackey (’81), Kip Lackey & Pitney Bowes Foundation, Magnolia Pharmacy, and David (’98) and Sarah (’00) Wallace; and
- Cougar – Joe Ickes (’73) and Marsha Ickes (Bauer ’80), and Jim Rutan (’92).
In addition, the following businesses and individuals provided In-kind Gifts to help thank tournament participants: ClubCorp Golf Clubs (Lake Windcrest Golf Club/Panther Trail Golf Club), Doug Eikenburg, FastSigns/truecolorGRAPHICS/University Copy Center, Golfsmith, Greenpark Compounding Pharmacy, Kendra Scott Jewelry, Chip Lambert, Luby’s Fuddruckers Restaurants, Laura Sampson & UH Mens Basketball, Smith & Wollensky, Smoothie King, and UH Sports Equipment & UH Football.
The top teams at this year's tournament were:
- First Place, Low Gross Score – Melchor Garza ('92), Johnny Hargroue, Chuck Kneip ('92), and Jim Rutan (’92);
- Second Place, Low Gross Score – Steve Barnett, Fred Emmite ('77), Dick Schneider, and Rick Schneider ('04);
- First Place, Low Net Score – Paul Lott ('84), Denis Rottler, Jeff Ewing, and Clayton Boyd ('10); and
- Second Place, Low Net Score – Chuck Posterick ('77), Leslie Myers ('94), Terrence Kennedy, and Phil Erdmann.
Winners of the individual competitions were student Sarah Theriault – Closest to Pin and Andy Haeggquist ('13) – Longest Drive.
Are you interested in helping the UHCOP Golf Committee plan a bigger and better tournament in 2017? Please contact committee co-chairs Doug Eikenburg or Liz Coyle for volunteer opportunities or suggestions.