Log into your myUH Account
Your myUH account number was sent by email (UHCOP_your log-in to Pharmacy!)
Verify/update your contact information. To create a permanent password after logging on, type in your myUH ID number (the 7-digit myUH ID Number) and then click on Request a New Password. Follow the directions given to you and your password will be emailed to you shortly.
Meet All Conditions of Acceptance
- Complete Spring Academic Update through PharmCAS, and enter your spring 2018 semester grades
- Once your spring semester grades have been posted and/or degree is conferred, you must send in a final transcript into UH main campus (exempt if spring courses were taken at UH main campus)
- If you are taking Summer 2018 courses, an official transcript(s) must be sent in once these summer course grade(s) are completed and/or degree is conferred.
- If you will obtain a degree, your official transcript must indicate your date of graduation, and the type of degree awarded.
- In your transcript requests, please include your myUH ID if possible, so that your transcript(s) can be easily matched to your myUH account.
For fastest processing, request for your school to send your transcripts electronically, using SPEEDE.
(3-5 business day to match your transcript to your file)
If your school cannot send SPEEDE transcripts, UH accepts transcripts the following methods:
(The methods below may take a month to match your transcript to your file.
- Electronic Transcripts sent by Parchment/DocuFide, eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, JST, AVOW, etc.
(If the eTranscript service your school uses is requesting an email address, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Paper Transcript sent by mail to the Office of Admissions.
Please Note: UH does not accept faxed transcripts or transcripts sent by students via email attachment.
Here is the mailing address where official transcripts must be mailed:
Office of Admissions
University of Houston
4434 University Drive
Houston, TX 77204-2023
Social Security Card
You must bring an official, valid U.S. Social Security Administration-issued hard-copy Social Security Card (no photocopies) to Orientation.
If you do not currently have a Social Security number and/or do not physically possess a valid, official Social Security Card, contact your nearby Social Security Administration office to obtain this social security card in-person.
Here’s the link to locate a social security administration office near you: http://www.ssa.gov/