The RN to BSN program is offered at the University of Houston at Sugar Land, University of Houston, and online. Our face-to-face and web-enhanced classes are designed to work around your busy schedule, and you’ll receive a quality university education from excellent faculty at a great value. Note that any lab and/or clinical course requirements will be in a face-to-face learning environment for practice and demonstration to meet course objectives. Our innovative RN to BSN program will allow you to advance your career by completing your BSN degree. Finish the program in as little as a year while still working and having time to spend with your family.
The primary educational objective of the RN to BSN completion program is to increase the career and educational opportunities available to registered nurses in the university’s service region. Graduates of the program will have a broader understanding of the nursing profession and will bring that understanding to the practice of nursing in their places of employment. Graduates will be prepared to assume some leadership and management roles.
- Synthesize knowledge from the biological sciences, social sciences, behavioral sciences, humanities, and nursing to provide appropriate culturally sensitive care to individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication, collaboration with other professionals and leadership, and management skills.
- Critically analyze and apply research findings to nursing practice related to disease prevention, health promotion, illness care, and restoration of health.
- Utilize critical thinking skills to evaluate the outcomes of nursing care.
- Serve as client advocates by providing health education and in monitoring and promoting access to cost-effective care.
- Encourage lifelong learning and create a foundation for graduate study.
- Integrate professional values and ethical, moral and legal aspects of nursing into practice in a variety of structured and unstructured settings.