Responsibilities - Vice Chancellor/Vice President for Information Technology (VC/VPIT)
The security-related objectives of the Vice Chancellor/Vice President for Information Technology are to provide the information security function with a clear direction that is in conformance with the standards, policies and procedures developed for information security at the University of Houston.Purpose
The security-related purposes of the VC/VPIT are to:Security-Related Authority and Functions
- Review status reporting by the Information Security Officer monitoring effectiveness of the existing security program, enforcement of policy and standards, and recommending specific courses of action.
- Review and approve the current and future plans for information security at University of Houston.
- Recommend a course of action in cases involving security incidents.
- Review and approve all non-compliance situations where assumption of risk is involved.
- Review annual risk assessment program and bring significant issues to the attention of other executives as appropriate.