McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.6 (Mac OS X 10.7 - 10.9)
This file has not been removed until we confirm 9.7.0 is working properly. Everyone is advised to install 9.7.0 unless we advise otherwise which will result in specific details here.
McAfee VirusScan for Mac 9.6.0 protects your Mac from viruses, spyware, trojan horses, and other malware threats.
• Anti-spyware protection — Protects the Mac from spyware threats.
• On-access Scan — Scan files and folders whenever users access them.
• Performance improvements for On-demand-Scan (ODS) — Completes scan files and folders faster with less resource.
• Quarantine — Quarantine malware items (or suspected malware-like behavior) so that they can't be opened or executed.
• Schedule Scan — Define schedules to scan files and folders on local and mounted volumes.
• Separate regular expression based exclusion for on-access scan and on-demand scan.
• Scan network volume, compressed files, and emails.
• McAfee menulet for easy access — Access the McAfee menulet ￼ to launch the McAfee VirusScan for Mac Console, McAfee VirusScan for Mac Preferences, and the About McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac dialog box.
• Dashboard — View the security status of your Mac, scheduled scan tasks, latest events, and the anti-malware update details.
• History of events — View all anti-malware events.
• Notifications — McAfee Notification displays:
• Detection of malware (resulting from on-access scan)
1. Download and install McAfee 9.6.
2. Download and install the McAfee Patch.