The University of Houston’s ongoing investment in its innovation ecosystem offers opportunities for fast-moving startups interested in connecting to entrepreneurial resources. At the core of this investment is UH’s Innovation Center, a high-quality, lower-cost incubator that is now open to startups from the Greater Houston region.
Startups housed in the UH Innovation Center have priviledged access to the university’s innovation resources:
- The new 30,000 sq.ft., 28 fume hood UH Innovation Lab next door for proof-of-concept testing
- UH core facilities for basic and industrial research
- UH Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship faculty, professional experts and students
- Entrepreneurial coursework and training
- Internal grant opportunities to support rising innovations
- A diverse population of prospective student interns who can contribute to ongoing market and laboratory research efforts, the development of business plans and the execution of marketing strategies.
Startups working out of the university will also have the support of UH Technology Transfer, which provides funding opportunities, workshops, SBIR/STTR grant development assistance, and commercialization support.