Skip to main content

Benefits - Continuation of Coverage How can I keep my health benefits after leaving UH?

ERS sends terminated employees a COBRA package for health coverage continuation. These packets are mailed directly from ERS within a couple weeks of your termination. You and/or your dependents must formally elect to continue coverage and return the form provided to ERS, along with the appropriate payment, within 105 days of the date your coverage terminated, or the date of notice, whichever is later. Failure to do so wil forfeit your right to coverage under COBRA.

If your contact information in ERS is not current, you might not receive your COBRA notification in a timely fashion. Call the UH HR Service Center if you are unable to verify your correct address in ERS or if your address was correct but more than 30 days have passed without receipt of your COBRA packet.


Need additional assistance? Call the HR Service Center at 713-743-3988 to discuss your situation in greater detail or to schedule an appointment with a Benefits representative.