UH Campus Preferred Deadline: May 10, 2013
UH Campus Deadline: August 26, 2013
National Deadline: October 2, 2013
Each year 32 young Americans are selected as Rhodes Scholars for their outstanding scholarly achievements and their leadership potential to receive full financial support to pursue a degree at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom.
Candidates must be nominated by the Office of Undergraduate Research to apply. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research for more information.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be U.S. citizens; pending citizenship does not qualify.
- Be at least 18 but not yet 24 years of age (i.e., the applicant must still be 23 on October 1 in the year of application).
- Be sufficiently advanced academically to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree before October 1 in the year following election.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership abilities, and concern for the greater good.
- Review the information and instructions online.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research
- At the meeting:
- Plan to provide the names of five to eight (5 – 8) letter writers.
- Bring in a résumé listing awards, honors, activities, research, jobs, service, leadership, hobbies, etc.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.