George J. Mitchell Scholarship
UH Campus Preferred Deadline: June 4, 2018
UH Campus Deadline: September 24, 2018
National Deadline: September 28, 2018 (5:00p.m. EST)
The Mitchell Scholars Program annually provides support for one year of postgraduate study in Ireland and Northern Ireland for up to 12 students between the ages of 18 and 30. Applicants are judged based on scholarship, leadership, and a sustained commitment to community and public service.
Candidates must be nominated by the Office of Undergraduate Research to apply. Contact Dr. Ben Rayder for more information.
Eligible candidates should:
- Be U.S. citizens (permanent residents and U.S. Nationals are not eligible).
- Be at least 18 years of age, but not yet 30 years old, by 30 September (those whose 30th birthday is on September 28 may not apply).
- Hold a bachelor's degree before beginning study as a Mitchell Scholar.
- Demonstrate academic excellence, leadership abilities, and concern for the greater good.
- Review the information and instructions online.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a representative from the Office of Undergraduate Research
Contact Dr. Ben Rayder if you’re interested in applying for this scholarship.