The Faber-Economon European Travel Scholarship (F.E.E.T.) is an award specifically designed to introduce Honors students to Europe. Made available through the generosity of two Honors alumni, Hanneke Faber and Aris Economon, the goal of the F.E.E.T. scholarship is to provide Honors students who've never been "across the pond" the chance to visit Europe without having to enroll in classes or take time off from school.
Scholarship recipients will receive airfare to/from Europe, a 3-week Eurail pass and a ~€1,000.00 stipend.
To be considered for the F.E.E.T. Scholarship, students must demonstrate:
- good standing in the Honors College and with the University of Houston (3.50 cumulative
gpa, completion of the Human Situation sequence and a minimum of one Honors course per semester of participation in Honors (can be cumulative)
- completion of at least 3 semesters at the University of Houston and have at least 2 semesters remaining (Spring 2019 and Fall 2019 graduates are ineligible to apply)
- already possess or be able to obtain a passport by February 2019
- able to travel May 10-31, 2019
- have never previously traveled to Europe
Runners-up will receive a $1,000 stipend, which may only be applied to another Honors College study abroad opportunity.
For more information about the scholarship, contact Adrian Castillo in the Honors College.