To celebrate Philanthropy Awareness, University Advancement places Gift Bows around campus, highlighting some of the many ways that donor generosity has impacted your education. You will even see hundreds of UH faculty and staff wearing UH Gives Back buttons, which identify those who believe in UH and have donated to support your education.
Get involved in the fun!
1. The student with the highest number of points will win an ANDROID TABLET from the Fund for UH.
2. The student with the second highest number of points will receive a signed basketball from the 2013 UH basketball team from UH Athletics.
3. All participants will have their pictures uploaded to the PhAD Contest album on the PhAD Facebook page.*
How to enter:
1.) Take a picture of yourself with the red Gift Bows you find on campus. For every picture submitted, you will receive 2 points. There are red bows all over campus, at least 50 chances to enter! Pictures must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line.
2.) Take a picture with a faculty or staff donor who is wearing a UH Gives Back button on Philanthropy Awareness Day (02/28/13) and receive 3 points per picture submitted. Pictures must be emailed to email@example.com with your name in the subject line. Over 900 faculty/staff members will have buttons on Philanthropy Awareness Day, which means over 900 chances to enter! Don’t forget to thank them for donating to UH!
3.) Make the current PhAD Facebook page cover image YOUR Facebook cover image on Philanthropy Awareness Day (02/28/13) to earn 10 points. To get credit you must post “I said Thanks!” to the PhAD Facebook page at www.facebook.com/UHPhAD.
1. All UH students enrolled and registered for classes in the spring 2013 semester are eligible to enter the 2013 PhAD contest.
2. As students are taking pictures with “Gift bows” and UH faculty and staff in their “UH Gives Back” buttons, students need to be respectful of those around them who are studying and working.
3. More than one student may be included in a picture, but each student is responsible for submitting their own pictures to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org with their name in the subject line.
4. When submitting pictures, students must include their full name and PeopleSoft ID number.
5. There is no limit to how many pictures may be entered.
6. Duplicate pictures will only be counted once.
7. The 2013 PhAD contest begins February 15, 2013.
8. Winners will be notified no later than 5 pm on Friday, March 1, 2013 via email.
*By submitting pictures to be entered into the 2013 PhAD contest, students are granting permission to the University of Houston to use those pictures in other email, web and print media. Students may opt-out of image use by indicating it in their contest submission email.