Each day, charitable gifts to UH touch the lives of untold thousands on campus, inspiring them to become avid learners and lead lives of significance. Generations of UH students thrive because of this selfless generosity and excel in an incomparable learning environment that promotes the development of lifelong skills, knowledge, personal qualities and world views.
The University has celebrated significant milestones that enrich the Tier One journey.
- In 2015, UH achieved a record-breaking enrollment; welcoming 43 thousand students into the cougar family.
- Over the past seven years, UH has solidified its position on every Top American Research University (TARU) measure, moving up five places in total research.
- The University’s demonstration of excellence in undergraduate liberal arts and sciences education granted its entry into the most prestigious academic honor society, Phi Beta Kappa in 2015.
- In 2015, UH introduced three new national research centers of excellence: Subsea Systems Institute, Center for Borders, Trade and Immigration Research, and the Advanced Superconductor Manufacturing Institute.
These accomplishments would have not have been possible without the unwavering support of our faithful philanthropic community. Giving truly makes a difference!
Did you Know?
- Even when a student works hard, saves money and takes on loans, state funding plus tuition still only covers 64% of a UH education.
- Last semester, more than 30% of graduating seniors participated in the Cougar Graduation Challenge, which gave them a head start in the tradition of giving back.