The University of Houston Call Center, located here on our main campus, employs some 40 UH students who reach out to alumni, parents and UH friends nearly year-round to rally support for university initiatives. Their mission is to increase annual participation in giving to UH and to provide information about campus developments, programs and events. UH Student callers are committed to helping you continue a meaningful connection to your university and dedicated to actively engaging our community in helping to maintain and improve the UH experience for the benefit of UH students today and tomorrow.
Call Center Facts:
- Our Call Center has been active since 1988 and helps raise funds each year for academic and student programs on campus.
- You may be contacted up to two times a year from a student caller.
- Students collect updated contact information to help lower mailing costs and reduce returned mail.
- Students call Cougar alumni Monday - Thursday from 6 - 9 p.m. CST and on Sundays from 1 - 9 p.m. throughout the year.
If you are current UH student or recent graduate and you are interested in working with Coogs Calling Coogs, click here: uh.thecallingcenter.com.
- You can receive tution assistance as a student caller!
- In the Spring of 2015, 16 callers received a total of $3,450.00
- In the Fall of 2014, 15 callers received a total of $3,450.00
To learn more about why your gift is so important, click here: Why Give?
To make a gift or a payment on a pledge, please visit our secure online gift site www.uh.edu/paymypledge.
"I've gotten these calls from UH and my other university before...but [Tijuhna] didn't just read a spiel or sound like a salesman. She was so genuine - what a great example for UH students! I'm even going to share my experience with the folks at [my other university]."
Mary Ann Pringle '87 speaking of friendly conversation with CougarCaller Tijuhna Green.
Tijuhna Green has been recognized by our Diamond Club, with more than $100,000 raised for UH during her tenure as a student caller.