The College of Education faculty approved this statement in support of students, staff, colleagues and the community in spring 2017.
The University of Houston College of Education, housed in one of the nation's most diverse research universities and located in a truly international city, embraces all students, faculty and staff. We believe diversity enriches our college because all people deserve access to a world-class education in a safe learning environment. In response to the current uncertain and evolving political environment, we stand with the members of our college community and partners from all backgrounds.
As a college that prepares future teachers and educational leaders, health and mental health practitioners, and researchers who influence public policy, we strive to graduate professionals who promote fairness, equity, inclusion and respect. The College of Education commits to a culture of support and welcomes any student, staff or faculty member who may feel marginalized to reach out for assistance.
College of Education contacts:
- Jonathan Schwartz, associate dean of graduate studies
- Ruth M. López, assistant professor, Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Studies
- Urban Experience Program
- Dean of Students
- UH Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Immigration Clinic at the UH Law Center
- UH Office of International Student and Scholar Services
- Immigration Resource Guide from UH Libraries
- UH Counseling and Psychological Services