"Honoring those who exemplify the Division's commitment to Supporting Student Success."
2018 DSAES AwardsView a slideshow of the 2017 Awards Recipients
Congratulations to the 2018 DSAES Awards Recipients:
- Cougar Spirit Award (Individual or Group)
Katy Kaesebier, Center for Student Involvement
- Diversity Award (Individual or Group)
University Career Services
- Outstanding Committee Contribution
Dr. Devan Ford McCartney, Women and Gender Resource Center
Dr. Tina Powellson, Center for Student Involvement
- Excellence in Programming (Individual or Group)
Weeks of Welcome, Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services
- Friend of the Division Award
Kathryn Tart, College of Nursing
- Graduate Assistant/Student Award of Excellence
Kelsey Lagus, Women and Gender Resource Center
- Inclusion Award (Individual or Group)
University Career Services
- Outstanding Administrative Assistant/Support Staff Award (Transparency)
Jeanette Miller, Student Housing and Residential Life
- Outstanding Assessment Award (Individual)
Lauren Berryhill, University Career Services
- Outstanding Assessment Award (Group)
Center for Student Involvement
- Outstanding New Professional Award
Joseph Secrest, Campus Recreation
- Outstanding Professional Award of Excellence
Niya Blair, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- Student Employee Award of Excellence
Heena Momaya, Admissions
- Student Success Award (Individual)
Dr. Raven Jones, Urban Experience Program
- Student Success Award (Group)
Ja'Nelle King , Center for Student Involvement
Lauren Ellzey, Student Centers
- The Ambassador Award (Individual)
Eve Esch, Student Centers
- Tier One Customer Service – Individual Award
Kandace Kendall, Student Housing and Residential Life
- Tier One Customer Service – Departmental Award
Student Housing and Residential Life
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Awards program is designed to honor staff members (individually or as a group in some cases) who exemplify the Division's commitment to service. The awards recognize the ongoing contributions to excellence that members of the UH community put forth each day in two ways: the Golden Paw Employee of the Month and at our Annual Awards Banquet held each May.
Annual Awards Banquet
Any member of the UH community can nominate an individual or a group of individuals who embodies the message of an award. Be sure to look at the criteria for this year's awards before nominating. All nominees should reflect the overall mission and vision of the Division while making an outstanding contribution to our collective goals. Along with recognizing work on committees, projects and task forces, those who excel in day-to-day job expectations are also eligible as nominees for any of the DSAES Awards.
Selection Committee and Nomination Tips
The DSAES Awards Selection Committee is comprised of: Faculty Senate Representative, Staff Council Representative, Student Government Association Representative, Human Resources Representatives, and Dan Maxwell (Facilitator)
Some tips for completing nominations for the DSAES Awards include:
- Each nomination will require one completed nomination from individuals other than the nominee.
- The Division Professional Awards of Excellence will require a completed nomination form and two supporting letters.
- Nomination information provided will go to the selection committee for review.
- Anyone (students, faculty, staff, etc.) can nominate/support individuals/groups for any of the DSAES Awards.
- If you wish to nominate the same individual or group for more than one award, you will need to complete separate nominations for each award.
- An individual or group can only win one award per year.
- An award winner in a particular award category is not eligible to be nominated for the same award the next year; but an individual or group can be nominated in another award category if they meet the criteria.
- All nominees will be notified of their nomination and expected to attend the DSAES Awards Program and Luncheon.