Computers and Locations
The Justin Dart, Jr. Center for Students with DisABILITIES has two computer labs that registered students are free to use during hours of operation. Computers containing a wide range of hardware and software are also available in some of the testing rooms. A listing of the computer technology currently available at the Center follows:
- Adjustable work spaces and chairs
- Extra-wide work stations
- Privacy panels
- Zoom text
- Screen reader
- Speech recognition
- Hearing Helper FM Systems
- Sorenson VRS
- Head Tracking Mouse
For assistance, please contact CSD at at (713) 743-5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UH Student Services
Below are just a few of the many campus departments and organizations that provide a wide range of services and support to students:
- Challenger Program: The Challenger Program is designed to assist you in every way possible to complete a post-secondary education at the University of Houston. The program offers tutoring, counseling, academic instruction, financial aid advisement, and social enrichment.
- Urban Experience Program: UEP creates academic opportunities for participants in the program in concert with the community, corporate networking, and supporting. The program promotes scholarship, community service, and personal and professional development by offering a holistic approach to advising. The services that UEP offers have been strategically chosen to develop UEP students into well trained career professionals.
- Scholar Enrichment Program : UH’s College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics implemented the Scholar Enrichment Program (SEP) in 1992 for the academic enhancement and retention of undergraduate students. Based on the Collaborative Learning Model, SEP’s hallmark is the creation of a learning community for students in high-risk classes, with workshops designed to enhance learning and problem-solving skills. SEP offers scholarships/stipend, study center, enrichment workshops, mentor program, test prep and study skills seminars and computer facilities.
- Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services: The Center for Students with DisABILITIES is a department within the Division of Student Affairs. Check out the other departments to see what is offered.
- LAUNCH: Learning support programs and self-development activities designed to increase student academic performance and improve student retention. Individualized diagnostic, prescriptive, and instructive educational plans as well as group intervention programs are available. All services are free to currently enrolled students.
- Speech, Language and Hearing Clinic – provides evaluation and treatment services for speech, language and hearing disorders.
- University Eye Institute – provides comprehensive eye and vision examinations. Students, faculty, and staff receive fee reductions for primary examinations and optical materials.
- Veterans’ Service Office – provides counseling to assist student-veterans and benefits-eligible dependents in processing their educational benefits as well as personalized counseling on a wide variety of concerns.
Visit the Information for Current Students page for a list of all other services available at the University of Houston.
Other Helpful Information for Students
- Shell Sponsored Employment Presentation
- Instructions for Request for Individualized Testing Accommodations (RITA) - (PDF)
- UH Disabled Parking Policy
- Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Center for Student Involvement
- College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees
- Courses and Enrollment
- Federal Student Aid
- Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Student Residential Life & Housing
- Student Organizations