Contstitution Day Events and Exhibits
The Daily Cougar Essay Contest – Third Annual
Deadline: September 10th, 2014
The Daily Cougar is hosting an essay contest: Pick any constitutional amendment, and in 400 words or less, tell us what it means to you and how it made the United States a better place.
Essays will be judged by The Daily Cougar Editorial Board. The winning essay will be published in The Daily Cougar in print and online Wednesday, September 17th. The author also will win a $75 bookstore gift card, courtesy of the Center for Student Involvement!
Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, by Midnight on September 10th.
Online Library Exhibits
September 15-19, 2014
"Celebrating the U.S. Constitution," an M.D. Anderson Library exhibit featuring ...
- Facsimiles of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights
- Original documents of George Washington and George Pinkney, one of the most influential architects of the Constitution
- Printed copies of the Federalist Papers, written by Alexander Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay to promote the then-proposed Constitution
- A timeline illustrating the events and people that led to the drafting of the Constitution
- "Know Your Constitution?" quizzes to test your knowledge