- Readmission Agreement: You were suspended from a College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences major and you are seeking readmission to a College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences major.
- Readmission Contract: You were suspended or on academic probation from a college other than the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and you intend to pursue a major in CLASS.
(Click here for additional information on Academic Suspension criteria and procedures)
Deadlines for CLASS Readmission
|Semester of Enrollment||Deadline to Submit Application and All Credentials to UH Admissions|
|Spring Term||November 1|
|Fall Term||June 1|
- Students are required to apply for readmission using the Apply Texas Application, and submit all credentials by the readmission deadline.
- Deadlines as well as college specific procedures and requirements for readmission from suspension will be found at www.uh.edu/admissions/apply/re-apply-former-student/.
- This procedure ensures students will have an official, complete academic record, including any transfer work attempted while suspended.
- Readmission to the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is not granted for the Summer Semester.
- Admissions Criteria
- Once your application is complete through UH Main Campus Admissions, you will be e-mailed a notice from Admissions regarding the timeline in which you will receive a status update on the college review for the major you applied for.
If the preliminary decision is approved:
- Student will be required to schedule a readmission appointment with their intended CLASS major advisor.
- After meeting with intended major advisor, student will be required to schedule an appointment and meet with CLASS Dean's Level Advisor in 320 Agnes Arnold Hall (AH) by specified deadlines.
A CLASS Readmission Agreement/Contract will be required which will include additional requirements including, but not limited to, mandatory meetings with Learning Support Services, a Career Counseling Session, and appointments with a CLASS Dean's Level advisor.
- Student must have no financial balance due or financial holds on their UH records.
- Documents required, including but not limited to:
- Statement of Readiness
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions which must have been already submitted to UH Main Campus by student
- Completed CLASS Readmission Agreement application.
- Students must have all required documents at the time of the initial meeting with CLASS Dean's Level Advisor in 320 AH
- 100% of course work during the term of acceptance must be in the College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences and at least 50% must be in the intended CLASS major. Non compliant courses will be dropped with no guarantee of refund.
- Readmission is neither automatic nor guaranteed.