(Click here for additional information on CLASS Academic Suspension criteria and procedures)
Deadlines for CLASS Readmission
|Semester of Enrollment||Deadline to Submit Application and All Credentials to UH Admissions|
|Spring Term||November 1|
|Fall Term||June 1|
- Students are required to apply for readmission using the Apply Texas Application, and submit all credentials by the readmission deadline.
- This ensures students will have an official, complete academic record, including any transfer work attempted while suspended.
- Deadlines, procedures, as well as a links to specific requirements for all colleges for readmission from suspension will be found at http://www.uh.edu/undergraduate-admissions/apply/former-student-admissions/.
- Readmission to the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is not granted for the Summer Semester.
- CLASS Admissions Criteria
- Once your application is complete through UH Main Campus Admissions, you will be e-mailed a notice from Admissions regarding the timeline in which you will receive a status update on the college review for the major you applied for.
If the preliminary CLASS decision is approved:Student will be required to schedule a readmission appointment with their intended CLASS major advisor.
A CLASS Readmission Agreement/Contract will be required which will include additional requirements including, but not limited to, mandatory meetings with LAUNCH (Learning Advancements for UNdergraduate Cougars of Houston) and a Career Counseling Session with UCS (University Career Services) to discuss academic and career goals.
- Student must have no financial balance due or financial holds on their UH records.
- Documents required, including but not limited to:
- Statement of Readiness
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions which must have been already submitted to UH Main Campus by student
- Completed CLASS Readmission Agreement application
- 100% of course work during the term of acceptance must be in the College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences and at least 50% must be in the intended CLASS major. Non-compliant courses may be dropped with no guarantee of refund.
- Readmission is neither automatic nor guaranteed.