Department of Political Science
The University of Houston
447 Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall
Houston, TX 77204-3011
Tel: (713) 743-3890
Fax: (713) 743-3927
Welcome to the Department of Political Science at the University of Houston.
With faculty who excel both as researchers and teachers, the department has a strong tradition of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education.
Join us for a talk on April 19, 2013 by Dr. Maurice Mangum: "Assessing the Effects of Culture and Conflict on Public Opinion Toward Immigration and Non-Citizens." His talk takes place in Werlin Room (PGH 448) 11:30am-12:30pm.
The Spring 2013 Newsletter is here! You can learn about our student's success and our new faculty members.
News and Events
- Professor Ling Zhu and Francisco Pedraza (RWJ Fellow, University of Michigan) win grant to support their research examining the impact of immigration policy on the Hispanic population's social service use.
- Professor Ryan Kennedy will be taking a visiting research fellowship in computational social science for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Professor's Church article G.W.G. Hegel on Self-Determination and Democratic Theory is featured in the current issue of the American Journal of Political Science
- Professor Cortina provided comments to NBCLatino
- Professor Clark gave a talk at the Library of Congress on her latest publication "Minority Party Strategies and the Motion to Recommit in the U.S. House"
- Professors Basinger and Rottinghaus gave comments related to their research about an Obama scandal to the Arizona Star
- Professor Rottinghaus has given comments to several media outlets in recent weeks.