There are three steps to the LCC application process.Step 1
Download the LCC Application Form hereStep 2
Print out and complete the LCC Application Form.
The LCC Application Form asks for your signature and the signature of your sponsor (if needed) and includes the financial and release statements. Please print it, fill in the requested information, sign it, and mail it together with the required documents listed in Step 3.Step 3
Provide hard copies of the required documents listed below:
- The LCC Application Form (signed and complete)
- Application fee of $100 (USD) by a check drawn on a U.S. bank or money order payable to the "University of Houston"
- Payment must be done by check, money order, or wire transfer. Checks and money orders must be drawn on a U.S. bank
- Personal checks must include the name, address, U.S. Driver License number, and date of birth of the person writing the check
- When paying by wire transfer, we need a copy of the receipt in order to process the application
- We do NOT accept cash or credit cards
- Proof of financial support of at least $22,000 USD, per student
- Copy of your transcript or diploma (high school or greater)
- A certified English translation of your transcript or diploma
- Copy of the identification page of your passport
- Permission for Emergency Treatment Form
- Required for all students under the age of 18
- Must be signed by the student's parent or legal guardian
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Compliance Form
- Any copies of medical documents issued in any language other than English must come with a certified English translation
- Please refer to the Meningitis FAQ for any question
- If you are a transferring student from another school in the US, please fill out the LCC Transfer Form.
Mail all the required documents to the address below:
Language and Culture Center - University of Houston
3687 Cullen Boulevard
116 Roy Cullen Building
Houston, TX, USA 77204-3014
PLEASE NOTE: All required documents and the $100.00 application fee must arrive at the LCC office by the application deadline given for the term. Application deadlines can be found on the home page of the LCC website.
After receipt of the LCC Application Form and the required documents, applicants should allow at least five working days for applications to be processed. Upon acceptance, students are sent an admission packet with an I-20, admission letter, and important arrival information. Overseas students are advised, however, to send all application documents at least eight (8) weeks before the term in which they intend to enroll. Admission documents can be express mailed when a $75.00 express mail payment is enclosed with the application.
We must receive both parts of the LCC Application Form and all the required documents, including the $100.00 application fee, in order to send your admission packet.
Download the LCC Application Form here