- Liliana Varela, "Financial Liberalization, Competition and Productivity," NBER International Finance and Macroeconomics Meeting, Cambridge, MA, March 27, 2015.
- Janet Kohlhase and Mikaela Backman, “The Influence of Diversity on the Formation, Survival and Growth of New Firms,” AREUEA sessions at the ASSA Meetings, Boston, Jan. 2-5, 2015.
- Liliana Varela, "Financial Liberalization, Competition and Productivity," Workshop on Productivity Growth, Resource Misallocation and Development, organized by the Research Institute for Development, Growth and Economics (RIDGE) and the Banco Central del Uruguay (BCU), Montevideo, Uruguay, December 11-12, 2014.
- Willa Friedman “Corruption and the Effectiveness of Imported Antiretroviral Drugs in Averting HIV Deaths,” African Studies Association, Indianapolis, Indiana, November 20-23, 2014.
- Steven Craig, Bent Sorensen, Chris Biolsi and Amrita Dhar, “The Vulnerability of Schools to Economic Shocks: States Smooth Local Shocks but not Their Own,” Association for Public Economic Theory Meetings, Seattle, July 10-13, 2014.
- Steven Craig, Janet Kohlhase, and Adam Perdue, “Empirical Polycentricity: The Complex Relationship Between Employment Centers,” plenary talk, Uddevalla Symposium, Uddevalla, Sweden, June 12-14, 2014.
- Janet Kohlhase and Mikaela Backman, “The Influence of Diversity on the Formation, Survival and Growth of New Firms,” keynote address, International Workshop on Regional, Urban and Spatial Economics in China at Fudan University, Shanghai, China, June 6-7, 2014. Also presented at the Western Regional Science Association meetings, San Diego, February 14-17, 2014.
- Steven Craig, Edward Hoang, and Janet Kohlhase, “The Effect of Urbanization on the Technology of Governance,” International Tinbergen Institute Workshop, Amsterdam, May 19-20, 2014. Also presented at the North American Regional Science Association Meetings, Washington, D. C., November 12-15, 2014.
- Andrea Szabo and Gergely Ujhelyi, “Can Information Reduce Nonpayment for Public Utilities? Experimental Evidence from South Africa”, Midwest International Economic Development Conference, University of Minnesota, May 2-3, 2014.
- Gergely Ujhelyi, “Civil Service Reform”, Midwest Political Science Association conference, Chicago, IL, April 3-6, 2014.
- Andrea Szabo, “The Value of Free Water: Analyzing South Africa’s Free Basic Water Policy,” Stata Texas Empirical Microeconomics Conference, University of Houston, Houston, TX, September 27-28, 2013.
- Vikram Maheshri, “Do ‘Broken Windows’ Matter? Identifying Dynamic Spillovers in Criminal Behavior”, Stata Texas Empirical Microeconomics Conference, University of Houston, Houston, TX, September 27-28, 2013.
- Janet Kohlhase, "Economic Relations between Employment Centers: a Directional Density Function Approach", International Workshop on Regional, Urban, and Spatial Economics, Peking University, Beijing, China, June 26-28, 2013. [photo of attendees]
- Andrew Zuppann, “The Quantity-Quality Tradeoff and the Formation of Cognitive and Non-cognitive Skills,” Society of Labor Economists Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, May 3-4, 2013.
- Jee-Yeon K. Lehmann, "Birth Order Differences in Early Inputs and Outcomes," Society of Labor Economists Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, May 3-4, 2013.
- Elaine Liu, "Beggar-Thy-Women: Domestic Responses to Foreign Bride Competition, the Case of Taiwan", Economic Demography Workshop, New Orleans, LA, April 10, 2013 & Society of Labor Economics Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, May 3-4, 2013.
- Andrew Zuppann, “Children's Cognitive Abilities and Intrahousehold Parental Investment,” Population Association of America Annual Meeting, New Orleans, April 11-12, 2013.
- Elaine Liu, “Does ‘in Utero’ Exposure to Illness Matter? The 1918 Influenza Epidemic in Taiwan as a Natural Experiment,” Population Association of America Annual Meeting, New Orleans, April 11-12, 2013; also presented at Tokyo International Workshop on Development, Tokyo Japan Dec. 27, 2012.
- Elaine Liu, "Confucianism and Preferences: Evidence from Lab Experiments in Taiwan and China" NBER Conference on the Economics of Religion and Culture, Cambridge, MA, March 8-9, 2013.
- Gergely Ujhelyi, "Civil Service Rules and Policy Choices: Evidence from US State Governments," NBER Political Economy Meeting, Boston, April 12, 2013 ; and Public Choice Society Conference, New Orleans, March 7-10, 2013.
- Dietrich Vollrath, Doug Gollin and Remi Jedwab, "Urbanization with and without Structural Transformation", NBER Growth Conference, San Francisco, Feb. 7th, 2013.
- Jee-Yeon K. Lehmann, "Birth Order Differences in Early Inputs and Outcomes," American Economic Association Meetings, San Diego, January 2013.
- Chinhui Juhn, Gergely Ujhelyi and Carolina Villegas-Sanchez, "Men,Women and Machines: How Trade Impacts Gender Inequality", American Economic Association Meetings, San Diego, January 2013.