The department of Economics at the University of Houston is made up of an innovative group of scholars who are dedicated to producing top-flight research while training our students in the latest techniques in economic analysis. Learn more
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and the University of Houston are jointly hosting a conference in international economics on Friday, October 20th and Saturday, October 21st, 2017. The conference will be held at the Houston Branch of the Dallas Fed on Friday and on the UH campus in 140 Melcher Hall on Saturday morning. All are welcome. Please let Dr. Kei-Mu Yi know by October 16 if you would like to attend.
- The Economics and the Political Science departments are co-hosting a conference on political economy February 10-11, 2017 on the UH campus. The conference features leading economists and political scientists from across the country.
- The Economics Department is pleased to announce the appointment of Radek Paluszynski as a new assistant professor starting fall 2016. More...
- Economics Ph.D. student Chon-Kit Ao was selected in May 2016 as a winner of the 2015 IPUMS-USA Research Award in the Graduate Student Category for his paper "The Effect of Municipal Water Filtration on Children's School Enrollment and Employment in American Cities, 1880-1920". More…
- Dr. Kei-Mu Yi, M.D. Anderson Professor of Economics at UH, has been appointed as of May 1, 2016 to be a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). More...
- The University of Houston (UH) Masters of Arts (M.A.) in Applied Economics ranked 6th among other applied economics master’s degree programs by The Financial Engineer’s 2015 Master of Economics Rankings and 34th overall for master’s degrees in economics in the nation. More...
Check out recent peer-reviewed publications by our faculty.
Check out recent research papers written by our faculty.
Check out the latest presentations given by our faculty.