Instructional Assistant Professor
Professor Bridges is an instructional professor and course coordinator. She teaches Fundamentals of Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, and Intercultural Communication and Organizations, plus a technical presentation lab for UH College of Business. She previously taught Business & Professional Communication. She co-developed technical presentation lab, distance education format for business speech. She has five years of experience in development research for UH Advancement; prior business background in support of personal injury plaintiff civil law.
- M.A. Speech Communication, University of Houston
- B.S. Professional Writing, University of Houston-Downtown
- Editor/Research Coordinator, Institutional Advancement, Development Research
- Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Intercultural Communication and Organizations
- Bridges, D. (2008). Author: “Using Digital Storytelling to Examine Culture and Intercultural Communication.” In From Hip-Hop to Hyperlinks: Teaching about Culture in the Composition Classroom. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Bridges, D. (2008). Created online ancillary materials for 7th edition of Larry Samovar and Richard Porter's intercultural communication text, Communication Between Cultures, Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
- Bridges, D. (2007). Created online ancillary materials for McDaniel, Samovar, and Porter’s Intercultural Communication: A Reader, 12th edition.
- Contributed to two communication texts, publisher: Houghton-Mifflin, Speaker, HBA CLE, 2005; and CHC 2004.
- Presenter, MMLA, BEA, 2002
- Co-author, customized texts (two editions) for Business & Professional Communication, print and eBook editions
- Co-author, customized text for Fundamentals of Public Speaking, print and eBook editions
- Contributing author: From Hip-Hop to Hyperlinks: Teaching about Culture in the Composition Classroom (original text and paperback)