University of Houston art links
- School of Art
- Visual Resource Library Online Catalog | Tutorial
- Artstor | Tutorial (click on Art databases to search)
- William R. Jenkins Art and Architecture Library
- VHS and DVD Titles
Houston art venues
- Museum of Fine Arts Houston
- Contemporary Arts Museum Houston
- The Menil Collection
- Lawndale Art Center
- Houston Center for Photography
- Houston Center for Contemporary Craft
- Houston Municipal Art - Lists public art works in Houston by area of town and zipcode.
Houston Arts Website
Go here to find about upcoming arts events and gallery openings around Houston.
- Glasstire - Includes articles, blogs, and events for arts related events in Texas.
- Spacetaker - This unique site also provides information on spaces to exhibit and networking opportunities for artists in Houston.
- ArtsHound - Find the latest arts and cultural events in Houston by category.
- Houston Museum District website - Houston is full of venues for art. Find your favorite
- Art Images for College Teaching (AICT) Quality images from a variety of periods (mostly classical) provided by the Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
- Museum of Online Museums (MoOM) This site has a wealth of links to other museums and their online collections.
- Euromuse.net — Provides links to museums, galleries, and exhibitions across Europe.
- The Web Gallery of Art — Database of European painting and sculpture of the Romanesque, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassicism, Romanticism periods (1000-1850) that includes a useful Artist Index.
- WorldImages — This database provides access to the California State University IMAGE Project of over 80,000 images. The Browse the Collection page is a good place to start.
- The Frick Collection — One of New York City’s preeminent cultural institutions.
- Peregrinations — Website for the study of pilgrimage arts an on-line journal plus an image bank accessible to all.
- Chartres —Photographs, drawings, architectural renderings, and more of and relating to the Cathedral of Notre Dame.
- Sullivan Digital Imaging Project — Mary Ann Sullivan's Image collection from Bluffton University
- The British Library — A broad collection of images and exhibition materials from The British Library. Most images are zoomable for greater detail. Here you can also find the Turning the Pages Collection (requires a download for MAC users).
- CORSAIR — A renowned collection of digitized manuscripts and medieval images from the Online Research Resource of The Pierpont Morgan Library.
- Medieval Manuscripts on the Web — A list of links to digitized manuscripts from various institutions.
- Oxford Art Online — This is a great, respected resource for biographical information on artists as well as descriptions of art and art history related terms.
- Visual Information Access -— A collection of image databases hosted by Harvard University Images from the Harvard University Library that document the arts, material culture, and social history. New material is added daily.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art Collection Database -— A fantastic image collection of the vast holdings of the Met's permanent collection. This database is especially useful because it contains images from The Costume Institute and is also strong in its representation of furniture and decorative design. Most images are zoomable and can be saved for greater detail.
- The Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Online Catalog -— A vast collection of the holdings of the Library of Congress that includes photographs, prints, negatives, and other materials.
- The Visual Arts Database -— consists of several collection comprised of design, textiles, and graphics with unique collections such as the London College of Fashion: Paper Patterns and the Netherlands Decorated Books Collection.
- A 360 degree view of the Sistine Chapel, -— with music. Use your mouse to move around.
- Piero della Francesca, The Legend of the True Cross. -— This is an on-line in a 3-D walk-through interactive model.
- 360 degree Virtual video of the Arena Chapel
- Images from the Bodleian Libraries Special Collections -— An excellent resource for medieval manuscripts as well as prints and drawings on a variety of subjects.
- Bibliografia Mesoamericana -— This collection is comprised of photos, drawings, and images from Mesoamerican scholars. Users may also search their online library.