TEC, §39.0545, requires each school district to annually evaluate its performance and the performance of each of its campuses in the area of community and student engagement using eight specific categories. It also requires each district to report to the Texas Education Agency (TEA) the rating of Exemplary, Recognized, Acceptable, or Unacceptable that it has assigned to itself and to each of its campuses for overall performance in community and student engagement and for each of the eight categories.
The eight categories are:
- Fine Arts
- Wellness and Physical Education
- Community and Parent Involvement
- 21st Century Workforce Development
- Second Language Acquisition
- Digital Learning Environment
- Dropout Prevention Strategies and
- Educational Programs for Gifted and Talented Students
TEC, §39.0546, requires each school district and campus to annually select three of the eight categories in community and student engagement on which it will rate itself for the purpose of academic accountability ratings. It also requires each district and campus to report to TEA the rating of A, B, C, D, or F that it has assigned to itself for overall performance in community and student engagement and for each of the three categories.
The three areas that district and campus are to be rating on annually must be presented to and approved by the school board.
The three areas for rating UH Charter School are:
- Fine Arts
- Wellness and Physical Fitness and
- Community and Parent Engagement
District Accountability Report
Texas provides annual academic accountability ratings to its public school districts, charters and schools. The ratings are based largely on performance on state standardized tests and graduation rates. The ratings examine student achievement, student progress, efforts to close the achievement gap and postsecondary readiness.
Federal Report Card
The University of Houston Charter School is sharing information about the district and your child’s school with you as part of its obligations under the federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB).
Information included on the Federal Report Card:
- Student Achievement by Proficiency Level
- Student Achievement and State Academic Annual Measurable Objectives
- Priority and Focus Schools
- Teacher Quality Data
- Graduates Enrolled in Texas Institution of Higher Education
- Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress
Texas No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
Texas Academic Performance Report
The intent of the Texas Academic Performance Report (TAPR) is to inform the public about the educational performance of the district and each campus in the district in relation to the district, the state, and a comparable group of schools. Where possible, the TAPR will represent the school information in relation to the district, the state, and a comparable group of schools. The Texas Academic Performance Report will present the campus performance information as well as, student, staff, and financial information required by statute. It will include any explanations and additional information deemed appropriate to the intent of the report.
- 2016-2017 Texas Academic Performance Report
- 2015-2016 Texas Academic Performance Report
- 2014-2015 Texas Academic Performance Report
- 2013-2014 Texas Academic Performance Report
- 2012-2013 Texas Academic Performance Report
School Report Card
The intent of the School Report Card (SRC) is to inform each student’s parents or guardians about the school performance and characteristics. Where possible, the SRC will represent the school information in relation to the district, the state, and a comparable group of schools. The SRC will present the student, staff, financial, and performance information required by statute, as well as any explanations and additional information deemed appropriate to the intent of the report.
- 2016-2017 School Report Card
- 2015-2016 School Report Card
- 2014-2015 School Report Card
- 2013-2014 School Report Card
- 2012-2013 School Report Card
Financial Report for the UH Charter School
- FY 17 Audit Report
- FY 17 Budget Report
- FY 16 Audit Report
- FY 16 Budget Report
- FY 15 Audit Report
- FY 15 Budget Report
- FY 14 Audit Report
- FY 14 Budget Report
- FY 13 Audit Report
- FY 13 Budget Report
- FY 12 Audit Report