What should I bring?
All students should bring the following to Orientation:
- Government-issued photo ID
- Final transcripts from your high school and/or former college/s if you have not submitted them to UH already
- Casual clothes, including comfortable walking shoes.
- Umbrella or raincoat (just in case)
Optional items include:
- Proof of scores for Math or English placement exams, Advanced Placement tests, SAT, ACT, THEA, and any other applicable tests.
- Alarm clock
- A blanket (if you get cold easily)
Where do students stay overnight?
All students attending NSO are required to stay overnight and will spend the evening in the Cougar Village Residence Hall. Linens are provided but students might want to bring their own blankets and comforts from home.
Where do guests stay?
We are unable to offer housing to our family members and guests. Guests accompanying students can take advantage of the Hilton Hotel on campus for overnight accommodations or make reservations at any of the surrounding hotels in the area. For more information about the Hilton Hotel on campus, please visit the Hilton Reservation Page and look for the Group Name: New Student and Transfer Student Orientation and Group Code: NSO.
What are the fees and deadlines?
Fees are non-refundable. Payment made for NSO is due before you can view and select a conference date through the myUH portal.
What if I need accommodations?
Accessible rooms are available for students who have disabilities. Please call 713-743-6062 for more information.